Write Blog Post now
Page6 of 10 « previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next Page »
News - News -6

RSVP Magazin Article „BESTLIFE“

Created Wed Nov 20, 2024 10:47 am by TWW Nicci Wed Nov 20, 2024 10:47 am in category Shane News.

Singer Shane Filan on Westlife's future,
supporting his bandmate Mark Feehily, and why they won't be touring Ireland again anytime soon


📷WESTLIFE! NEW BEGINNINGS Facebook Group


Westlife fans were shocked when Mark Feehily stepped away from the band to focus on his ongoing health issues. But frontman Shane Filan has assured everyone that Mark wanted them to continue on without him. Not everything is good news in the world of Westlife though, as the singer ruled out any Irish concerts in the near future.
Here, he opens up about touring with the band, Mark's health and his daughter Nicole flying the nest.
Shane Filan has revealed Westlife's future was thrown into doubt when his bandmate Mark was forced to leave the band when he first got sick.
But the singer insisted Mark wanted them to go on without him.
In February of this year, Mark announced he was taking a break from Westlife to focus on his health woes after undergoing surgery to treat a hernia and recover for sepsis during a Covid lockdown in August 2020.
Speaking to us, Shane said Mark told Westlife to continue touring without him.
„We talked about it with Mark, and he didn't want us to (stop touring) because we had so many concerts to do. He missed nearly half the tour so when you've sold out shows and when he got sick the first time, he got pneumonia, it was an hour and a half before the first show in Newcastle. So we had six weeks of run-ins then. When we were doing the 3Arena it was a run-in then, so we had no time.
We weren't going to cancel a load of shows, and we saw the people walking in. We had to make a decision. We made the decision to keep the flag flying. We can't wait to have him back.“ In February, Mark told fans in a lengthy social media post, "Most of you are aware that I have had some health challenges over the past while.It is with the utmost level of regret that I must now temporarily stand down from all Westlife touring until a time that I have had the chance to fully recover from the turbulent journey I have been through as an individual.
This would be my fourth major surgery since the start of it all, but I had no option.
That surgery took place recently and thankfully it went according to plan but with that, my recovery must now become my absolute priority at this time.
Believe me, I wish things could be different,“ he said at the time, while also thanking the band for their love and support through his health woes.
Updating fans on Mark's health, Shane, who was speaking at the Amgen Irish Open, said the 43-year-old was happy and recovering well
He added, "Mark is good, actually. He's a lot better. He's had a tough couple of years, but he's recovered a lot better now. He needs the time off because the tour would've been impossible. But he's happy now at home."
The Sligo native admitted there were no plans at the moment and is downtime at the moment but ve can't wait to have him back.“ The multi-award-winning Irish boyband have 14
UK No1 singles to their name and have amassed
We definitely will be on tour again, but it won't be for a while seven top-selling albums during their career.
But Shane poured cold water on another
Irish tour, saying the band won't be going back on the road „for a while Irish tour. Not for a while,“ he said. This tour was two years long and it started at the Aviva. We would definitely love to play it again or Croke Park, wherever we play in the future.
We definitely will be on tour again, but it won't be for a while." As well as changes with Westlife, there have been big changes at home for Shane.
His 19-year-old daughter has left their Sligo home to study Arts in University College Dublin after finishing her Leaving Cert.
He said, "She left the nest as they say last week... and it was quite emotional actually when she was going, because first, your baby girl going off to college, and it's hard to believe she's 19.“
Reflecting on his own teenage years, Shane was 19 when Westlife released their second single.
While he may be a little sad to see her leave home, Shane said,
"She's very, very excited, she's very happy.“
He also reacted to ex-bandmate and Boyzlife singer Brian McFadden announcing an Irish tour with Keith Duffy last week as well as a new single, I Would.
Boyzlife will bring their new live tour to venues across Ireland.
Shane said, „Best of luck to them.
Brian is a great guy and Keith is as well. I've known them for years.
They're happy with what they are doing and it is nice to see it.
„They're enjoying it and having fun“



continue
Write comment now

This Weeks Guest on the NBHQ: Jo O‘Meara

Created Wed Nov 06, 2024 12:07 pm by TWW Nicci Wed Nov 06, 2024 12:07 pm in category Nicky News.



This Weeks Guest is a Member of the Band known as SClub7 Jo O‘Meara

Episode will be out on the 07/11/2024

Link to listen: https://linktr.ee/nickybyrnehq?utm_sourc...12-06998c7f6571



continue
Write comment now

Nicky Byrne HQ EP3 with Gary Barlow on Youtube NOW

Created Sun Nov 03, 2024 10:31 am by TWW Nicci Sun Nov 03, 2024 10:31 am in category Nicky News.



Episode 3 with Take That‘s Gary Barlow is now on Youtube to watch.

Watch or listen how Take That started, how they created their first ever Fan Database and how it was for them when Robbie left.



continue
Write comment now

New Interview with Nicky, Shane & Kian for South Korea

Created Wed Oct 30, 2024 12:32 pm by TWW Nicci Wed Oct 30, 2024 12:32 pm in category Westlife News.



Check out this Interview with Nicky, Shane & Kian for their South Korean Concert next Month. We will see if we can put Subtitles bellow for the Korean spooken part.



continue
Write comment now

Fake News from the Irish Mirror

Created Tue Oct 29, 2024 7:18 am by TWW Nicci Tue Oct 29, 2024 7:18 am in category Westlife News.



Two days ago the „Irish Mirror“ published this News about that the Doors are open for Brian to rejoin Westlife, as a Source close to the band said. These have to be absolute Fake News! Option 1 the article is written by a Brian Lover who didn‘t listen Nicky‘s Podcast fully or Option 2 it is once again Mister Louis Walsh messing around with the Media to keep Westlife in the Media, or it‘s his way to make people listen to Nicky‘s Podcast!

Well go and Listen the Podcast till the End to hear what Brian said about reunion! The Chapter Westlife for Brian is Closed:

Links to the Podcast: https://linktr.ee/nickybyrnehq?utm_sourc...c5-4fdfc34dff4e

Link to the Irish Mirror News:
https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/celeb...-cards-33977086



continue
2 Comments
Page6 of 10 « previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next Page »


Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor